Monday, February 2, 2009

life's lessons

Empathy, compassion, commiseration - that's what I feel when my kids/husband are sick...for about 24 hours. I make no excuses or apologies. They know that they have approximately one day of my caretaking and then they better be self-sufficient. I've always admitted that I am the worst nurse. I don't think I ever even listed "doctor" or "nurse" as "what I wanted to be when I grew up" - I knew I would fail miserably in the compassion arena.

So, imagine my dismay now...

not feeling good

almost to the 24 hour mark and it's getting worse:(

nobody's around....

go figure!

3 comments:

  1. I am very openly a bad nurse, and worse patient. I've told Joe, when I stop complaining that I feel horrible, that's when it's REALLY bad.

    Want me to come over and I'll pat your hand and rub your back....I'm a better nurse to those outside my family I guess! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You wouldn't want me for a nurse, but I do wish you get better fast!

    ReplyDelete